What Food Deals to Buy? Help!

Posted by on November 2, 2010 | 10 Comments

So this month’s Amazon sales have popped up, and there appears to be some good deals, but honestly, I need a little help in deciding this month. Here are items I am considering:

Bob’s Red Mill Brown Rice Flour – It comes out to about $7.30 for 4-24oz packages ($1.22 per lb), much cheaper than I can buy it locally. But, can anyone comment on the quality? Do you like it? I know Authentic Foods is the best, but it is also way out of my budget for such a product, so I’d love to know if Bob’s is next best.

Note: There are loads of Bob’s Red Mill products on sale this month. I can personally recommend the coconut flour, which I bought on Amazon and have been pleased with, but they even have certified gf oats on sale. I would avoid the almond flour, which I have read is way too coarse.

Coombs Organic Maple Syrup – Comes out to $14.85 for a 32oz jug (or $7.43 per lb). This is the maple syrup I usually buy, but I have lost touch with maple syrup prices. Is this still a good value? Is it cheaper at TJ’s or elsewhere online. Love the quality of this maple syrup, but I think it is more expensive now.

Yogi Herbal Tea – I need some new teas, and have always liked this brand. Any recommendations on the herbal/caffeine free versions? Good Earth Tea is also on sale, but I’m a bit burnt out on them. Their Green/White Tea is excellent though if you like that type!

Okay, any thoughts? Any other awesome deals you see here that I shouldn’t live without? I’m amping up for recipe testing and for gift baskets, so your opinions are welcomed! Thank you!

Filed Under: Tips, Ideas, and Deals

1. Jen says:

For the maple syrup – I think that’s definitely a great deal! The best I’ve seen at TJ’s is usually the equivalent of just under $1/oz.

Well, you’ve had cookies made with BRM brown rice flour; that’s all I ever use. I think its great.

My absolute favorite tea of all time is Yogi Eqyptian Licorice Mint. I can’t say enough about it – I bought a case of 6 from Amazon last time, and I think I’m off to get more.

I LOVE Yogi tea. The india spice is really good, especially if you brew it with almond milk. I also really like the lemon ginger and throat comfort.

4. I LOVE yogi tea when I am not having teavana. I also love Mighty Leaf teas and Allegro I recently discovered 🙂

Thanks for posting these deal!! I am an Amazon addict!

5. Ashley says:

Bob’s red mill is a great company. there local to me and I’ve even meet him, there products are high quality and very good. I would pick that up, it may be alot but just keep it in your freezer

6. Catherine says:

I second the Yogi Tea Lemon Ginger and regular Ginger teas. So good!

Thanks so much, this is giving me some good ideas! Still considering the options, and may end up with waaaay too many yogi teas 🙂

Any more feedback on that Bob’s Red Mill brown rice flour (sounds good thus far) and maple syrup would be awesome.

8. I love a good food sale! I also love Bob’s Brown Rice Flour however I have never tried any other.

Oh, I know I’m going to be stocking up on the honey-flavored agave- Love that stuff!

10. Kaye S. says:

Definitely get the Coombs, I get it on subscription, it’s always a great value and a great product!!