Taking the Whole Life Challenge
Maggie at Say Yes to Salad has proposed a Whole Life Challenge, an opportunity to add one healthy new habit into your lifestyle each day. I wasn’t sure if she meant pick a different one each day, or just pick one of them and do it each day … so I will improvise. Since I might be cheating a bit with a few of her items (I already stick to organic greens, for example), I have built on her suggestions to create a customized “Challenge” list.
- Drink More Water – Start each day with a nice big glass of filtered water with lemon or lime. There is no better way to start the day, but I always forget.
- Get Walking – Add 20 minutes of walking to my exercise routine. This could be around the neighborhood, treadmill-style if the heat is overwhelming, or simply doing some stairs!
- Adventure New Meals – Try at least 1 *new* meal recipe each week – can be for lunch or dinner. Hmm, I may even shoot for 2!
- Soak Up Some Vitamin D – Get at least 20 minutes of unadulterated sunshine per day.
- Add Green to My Morning Smoothie – Eeek, green, my biggest beverage fear. I can’t do the green oats, but I will go for the morning shake.
No worries, I won’t bore you all with my daily log, but will let you know the results. I think this idea is fantastic. Just picking one thing a day takes away the overwhelming nature, but allows you to make real, lasting strides. I encourage you to join Maggie’s challenge too! Use her list, my list, or make your own choices toward a healthier lifestyle and try to do just one thing per day!
For those of you who read this post about getting healthy, I shall reward you with some giveaway links and a note that I have some great recipes coming up on the blog very soon, and a fantastic giveaway starting on Tuesday that you won’t want to miss. Here are some fun bloggie giveaways going on right now …
- Box of Delicious Goodies from Mission: Vegan
- Blog Makeover from Zesty Cook
- A Charm and Foodie Bonus at Eating Bender
Have a fun Memorial Day Weekend!
12 thoughts on “Taking the Whole Life Challenge”
This sounds great! It’s very customizable. I’m going to try to do all of my things every day, but as long as I follow most of them I’ll be happy. I’m so glad you’re joining! The water is definitely a good challenge – I think everyone would benefit from that.
I have been doing something similar to this, but knowing others are on board may help me do even better!
Your list sounds very sensible and do-able. The water is a hard thing for me to remember but I’m going to try harder. But the green smoothie? I don’t think I can manage that. I’d rather consume my favorite green things on a plate!
love your vitamin D’s challenge! so cute! 😀
A big glass of water is hard for me first thing in the morning. Coffee – yes, water – no. But I drink plenty through the day. Good luck with this challenge!
start with baby spinach and add a banana… you won’t taste anything but banana!!! 🙂
green smoothies are so yummy – you just need to try it! I just had a green post-run smoothie of : water, half a green apple, 2 kiwi, spinach leaves & a little protein powder. You can sub oj if you like sweeter…you must try it!
I like the idea of the challenge! Now I need to come up with a list I can stick too!
I’ve been reading about MAggie’s challenge too! Good luck at yours!
good luck with your challenge!! i really need to try those green smoothies
Comments are closed.