Organic Cookie Winners & Your Flavor Picks
So some of you caught onto my calendar deficiencies. I got the date wrong twice on the end of the HomeFree Cookie Giveaway, but it does officially end today, Saturday May 9th (did I get it right this time? – I know, it’s Sunday on the East Coast, but bear with me here)! And I am here to not only announce the winners, but to share your cookie idea round-up … your responses were all too yummy and they took me a long time to compile so please do check them out below! Not to mention, you just might find some cookie baking inspiration …
First, the winner …
Comment #46 – Ellen – “Chocolate and coconut! Yum.”
Congratulations Ellen! A HomeFree Sampler Package filled with big and mini Organic Cookies (that also happen to be vegan, wheat-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and nut-free) is coming your way!
A quick announcement too; during the course of this giveaway Navan Foods started carrying HomeFree Cookies. So you can purchase them in store or online (they ship throughout the U.S.).
Now, for the types of cookies you want HomeFree to bake next:
Most Popular – Jill at HomeFree, are you reading? Not that my mini market research is the end-all-be-all, but of the 197 responses, these were the most requested new cookie flavors (in relative order of popularity):
- Snickerdoodles (The hands down winner!)
- Sugar (It seems there are a shortage of allergy-friendly (and even vegan) sugar cookies on the market! Dr. Lucy has perfected the crispy allergen-free sugar cookie (in my opinion – photo above), but there does seem to be room on the market for a big softie or a soft and chewy version – at home, try the Allergy Kid’s Sugar Cookie Recipe) (UPDATE: Well, it looks like I have to eat my cookies, er words. Look at what’s new)
- Chocolate Mint or Chocolate Chip Mint
- SunButter or SoyButter (Most of you wanted this in combination with chocolate, though there were a few purists. There were several picks for PB & Chocolate, but since Jill can’t use nuts in her factory, I defaulted to the votes to these nut-free “butters”)
- Lemon (votes for sugar cookie, shortbread, and lemon crème versions)
- Coconut (votes were for chocolate coconut and several for “something with coconut”)
- Gingerbread or Gingersnap
- Pumpkin Spice
- White Chocolate & Cranberries (I also counted the votes for white chocolate and macadamia toward this one)
- Toffee, Toffee Bits, or Caramel
- Carrot Cake (one suggestion for a coconut crème filling too, yum!)
Runners-Up – These selections each received at least two or three votes, and seemed like reasonable requests:
- Chocolate and … Cherry, Orange, Cranberry, Crushed Peppermint Sticks, Pomegranate, Pineapple, Banana … (It seemed very few of you could agree on one single combination, but chocolate was the running theme here)
- “Butter” Cookies or Shortbread
- Apple Cinnamon
- Key Lime or Coconut Lime
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip (At home, try the Allergy Kid’s Recipe)
- Oatmeal Raisin or Oatmeal Cranberry
- Soft Molasses
Kudos for Creativity – These concepts might pose a challenge for mass marketing and production, but they might inspire some of your own cookie making adventures:
Note: If you have a recipe up for one of these creations, let me know and I will link to it!
- VeggieGirl – “Carob chip-caramel cookie”
- Nancy – “Something that tastes like cookies & creme, but it doesn’t have to look like an Oreo.”
- Ellie – “Banoffee cookies- chunks of dried banana and toffee!’
- Tamar – “Lemon lavender “
- Libby – “An allergen free version of a Girl Scout Samoa”
- Brittany – “Coconut cream pie” (hmm, is someone on a Larabar kick?)
- David – “Rum & raisin”
- Sarah – “An everything cookie”
- Giddy tigress – “Strawberry Mango’
- Erin Solano – “passion fruit”
- Katie – “butter cookie sandwich filled with a fudgy center would be great… think keebler elf cookies but healthier!”
- Laurel – “s’mores”
- Mary Casper – “cranberry lime”
- KIARA – “Cappuccino”
- Rachel M. – “the cookie equivalent of a lemon poppyseed muffin”
- daniella – “banana with peanut butter chips”
- Denyse – “coconut mocha chip cookie”
- Cecilia – “chewy muesli cookie”
- Jennifer – “a pina colada cookie!”
- Meaghan Hibbard – “A breakfast type cookie with granola and dried fruit” (Talk about a coincidence; I just posted a recipe for this type of cookie, photo above from Enjoy Life)
- Victoria – “pumpkin-oatmeal-chocolate chip” (try this recipe on the PPK, submitted by Karen)
- katy – “chocolate oatmeal raisin cookies”
- Christine V – “lemon blueberry” (Oh yum, I’m with Christine on this one)
- KW – “Brown sugar and caramel”
Now go bake some cookies with mom! Happy mother’s day to all of you wonderful moms reading this!
5 thoughts on “Organic Cookie Winners & Your Flavor Picks”
Mmmm–now I feel like baking cookies! They all sound great. And hope your Mom’s Day is good, too. 🙂
So many flavors to contemplate. mmmmmmmmm. Happy Mother’s Day.
The PPK web site has an awesome pumpkin oatmeal cookie that you could simply add some vegan choc chips to!
All you had to do was ask!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip:
I have a wonderful Sunbutter cookie, but I haven’t posted it, since the centers always turn out pistachio green!
YES, please come out with a sugar cookie… my girls combined have allergies to chocolate, gluten/wheat, oats and dairy….so no chocolate anything, no oatmeal anything…… finding cookies as a treat for them are very hard (and they have not liked my attempts to create something yummy!). Thanks for asking the consumer what is wanted… happy baking!
Comments are closed.