Maggie at Say Yes to Salad has proposed a Whole Life Challenge, an opportunity to add one healthy new habit into your lifestyle each day. I wasn’t sure if she meant pick a different one each day, or just pick one of them and do it each day … so I will improvise. Since I might be cheating a bit with a few of her items (I already stick to organic greens, for example), I have built on her suggestions to create a customized ”Challenge” list.
- Drink More Water – Start each day with a nice big glass of filtered water with lemon or lime. There is no better way to start the day, but I always forget.
- Get Walking – Add 20 minutes of walking to my exercise routine. This could be around the neighborhood, treadmill-style if the heat is overwhelming, or simply doing some stairs!
- Adventure New Meals - Try at least 1 *new* meal recipe each week – can be for lunch or dinner. Hmm, I may even shoot for 2!
- Soak Up Some Vitamin D – Get at least 20 minutes of unadulterated sunshine per day.
- Add Green to My Morning Smoothie – Eeek, green, my biggest beverage fear. I can’t do the green oats, but I will go for the morning shake.
No worries, I won’t bore you all with my daily log, but will let you know the results. I think this idea is fantastic. Just picking one thing a day takes away the overwhelming nature, but allows you to make real, lasting strides. I encourage you to join Maggie’s challenge too! Use her list, my list, or make your own choices toward a healthier lifestyle and try to do just one thing per day!
For those of you who read this post about getting healthy, I shall reward you with some giveaway links and a note that I have some great recipes coming up on the blog very soon, and a fantastic giveaway starting on Tuesday that you won’t want to miss. Here are some fun bloggie giveaways going on right now …
- Box of Delicious Goodies from Mission: Vegan
- Blog Makeover from Zesty Cook
- A Charm and Foodie Bonus at Eating Bender
Have a fun Memorial Day Weekend!