Easy Peasy Oven-Roasted Corn

Posted by on September 13, 2011 | 16 Comments

Today’s feature recipe is fresh, crisp, amazing corn on the cob …

Oven-Roasted Corn on the Cob

You may be thinking, “That’s it? Alisa, it looks like two plain ears of corn on the cob.” And … you would be right. But hear me out. Sometimes, the most amazing food is also the simplest food.

Many people boil corn. I used to steam it. My husband would grill it. But now that we’ve discovered how insanely easy roasting corn is, there is no turning back. How does one minute of hands on prep time and absolutely no fuss as it cooks sound? I thought so …

Recipe: Easy Peasy Oven-Roasted Corn on the Cob

Ingredients

• Corn, as many ears as you like

Instructions

1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
  2. Leave the husks on the corn, but pull off an leaves or excess husk sticking out to avoid it from touching or falling on the element. Trust me, burning husk doesn’t smell great.
  3. Place the ears of corn in the oven, right on the rack.
  4. After 30 minutes, remove the corn from the oven, and let it cool for a few minutes before peeling off the husks and serving.

Quick notes

To Serve: Nice sweet corn is good as is. But you can always doll it up if desired. Rub it with dairy-free margarine, coconut oil, or spray with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and other seasonings if desired (I like cajun, paprika, pepper, or garlic).

Variations

Seasoned Oven-Roasted Corn: If you want to get all fancy. Before roasting, peel back the husks without detaching them. Spread some coconut oil, olive oil, or dairy-free margarine on the corn. Sprinkle with a little salt and any of the above mentioned seasonings if desired. Close the husks around the corn, and bake as directed above.

Preparation time: 1 minute(s)

Cooking time: 30 minute(s)

Copyright © Alisa Fleming.

How do you prepare corn on the cob? Do you season it?

1. I love roasted corn! I think the flavor is amazing too. I’m a fan of the easier the better too!

2. I roast corn in the mountains in our campfire all the time. We love it! I pull back the husk, remove the silk, dip the ear in water, put the husk back, and wrap in foil because of the coals factor. Works well! Yippee on roasted corn, and we would never ever think that you were selling us short, Alisa. 😉

I have such fond memories of barbecued corn asa kid 🙂 Oven roasted would be awesome in winter… but thankfully it’s moving back into summer here. Whee!

4. Cathe Olson says:

I’ve always soaked the corn for 30 minutes before roasting . . . guess I don’t need to.

5. Yum, I love the idea of adding in those extra seasonings. Great idea.

6. The corn looks great prepared this way!

7. Alta says:

This kind of cooking is what I love to do on a daily basis. I should blog about it more often – because you’re right, sometimes the best food is the simplest food!

You should! I love everything you post anyway Alta – but some blogger post such elaborate recipes that I would never make! I get the most inspiration from the super-simple posts.

I do this on the gril all summer and never thought of doing it in the oven! Shoot, now I can have corn all winter too?

9. I’m really looking forward to corn coming in season. I love it with a little salt and freshly ground pepper.

10. shannon says:

now that i’m in an apartment with central air, i am totally on this 🙂

11. Kim Lutz says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for deciding to go ahead and post this easy recipe! I have never even considered roasting corn in the oven before. Now…it seems obvious!

12. Stephanie says:

The next time we have fresh corn on the cob I will have to try this! Sounds so easy and delicious!