My Husband Made Me Eat It

Posted by on May 26, 2011 | 29 Comments

This was actually dairy-free. Can you believe it?

Healthy? Not so much. But seriously, bakery-made brownies that I could eat … with frosting! How could you expect me to resist this frosting …

I think I just injected like 100 grams of pure sugar into my veins and it was so frickin’ good.

Filed Under: What's Leftover

1. Sometimes you have to just give in…especially when you can eat baked goods from a bakery! It looks amazing!

2. what.is.that.

OMG I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have your cookbook. why do i not know what that is ??!!!

page number, please!

Sorry to tease, but this baby came straight from the bakery, not my kitchen. I should get working on a homemade version of this sugar bomb though. No wait, I probably shouldn’t – that would be dangerous.

3. Libby says:

I’m impressed you were able to stop long enough to take a picture!

Um, well, I had already eaten a whole one last night. I was trying to show some lady like restraint. Note, it is on a desk though, this wasn’t a planned or posed picture by any means. Point, shoot, fork. 🙂

4. That would be extremely hard to resist knowing that it met your eating requirements (not considering the sugar, of course). Like that you ‘fessed up that it was the second piece you got this lovely photo of. 😉 LOL on Point, Shoot, Fork!

5. whoa that looks heavenly!! pure heaven!!! YUM

6. Fiona says:

so much sugar!

7. Lexie says:

Had I been there with you I would have asked if you wanted to split it. I think your answer would have been “uh, NO!” Looks delish. Hubs just said he was hungry for something … then he looks over at my computer and says “for something like THAT!”

xoLexie

8. Sea says:

Hehe, your title made me look. 😉 I know what you mean about a sugar bomb. you made me want it (or the gf version). Yummy!

-Sea

9. Ohhhhhhh I’d die!!!!!!!!!!:)

I went to an Indian Food place and they had vegan chocolate cake and I actually teared up a bit!! 🙂 I may or may not have gotten a second one to take home!

You mean you taunt us with these photos–and then don’t even tell us where you got it?? Cruel, I tell you. 😉

11. That is one mean mean husband I tell you! 😉 And I am with Ricki, it is cruel that you did not tell us where it came from…although, maybe that is a good thing. I think I would eat an entire batch of those babies!

12. Blaming my husband is always my strategy too 🙂

It’s the long weekend; you’re allowed to (over) indulge!

I more than appreciate your “permission” Nicole – and considering my mood right now, I may just go buy another package of these brownies tonight to celebrate the weekend 🙂

13. Totally not buying that story. Your husband probably didn’t even get a bite. Well that’s what would happen at my house anyway.

Oh no, in our house, it’s usually the other way around. Hence why I eat more sweets in one sitting now … I’m always vying for my share before he downs the whole thing! Of course, when I met him he claimed “he didn’t really like sweets.” HA!

We shared 60 / 40 on this package though (60 for him of course). They were BIIIIIIIG. My rear is now BIIIIIIIGER. 🙂

14. Frosting is a weakness of mine! Especially the corner piece. And this cake looks divine. Please figure out the frosting recipe, oh smart dairy-free girl! Please? Please?

You should have another one for my birthday! 😉 Thanks SO much for the card!!!

16. Colette says:

Wow! Who could resist?

I wish I had a husband to blame things like this on. Amazing!

18. This looks so yummy. Great husband that is.

19. Maggie says:

You are so funny Alisa. Can’t say I blame ya!

20. WOW! The frosting looks so wonderful! The cake looks so gosh darn chocolatey…put them together…I would be comatose! Just outright YUM!

You did the right thing. I would have made Katherine eat it, too. 🙂

22. That looks fantastic! And, fabulous Alisa, sometimes you need a treat! (You deserve it!)

23. Such a decadent looking treat there, especially with the frosting, awesome!