Over 60 New Natural Food Products …

Posted by on April 4, 2011 | 18 Comments

… okay, there were way more than 60 new products announced at Expo West 2011, but all of these happened to be dairy-free! Many are also gluten-free, soy-free, vegan, etc., etc., etc. I didn’t get to attend this year, but I did some serious research to get the low down on what was new in my market, and holy crap, there is a ton!! Rather than overwhelm, I broke the new product intros into 5 articles last week on Go Dairy Free:

Truthfully, I probably won’t try too many of these products myself, but there are definitely a few that I’ve already tried and some that I am super-excited about:

• I tried the new Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups – Oh. My. Amazing.
  • I’m definitely going to have to sample the Silk PureCoconut to see how it matches up to the So Delicious Coconut Beverage, which I like.
  • My interest is peaked by the Earth Balance Coconut Spread. I haven’t seen the ingredients yet, and am curious if it is more “pure” than their other margarines. Confession: I love the taste of margarine and am thankful there are more virtuous brands like this one.
  • Yep, we like vegan mayo too (we’re weird), and I’m looking forward to spotting the new soy-free Vegenaise in stores to give it a whirl.
  • Larabar has added Blueberry Muffin to their flavor list, and I’m sure I will buy it if I see it on sale.
  • I did try the Chocolate Dipped Coconut LunaBar and wow, sweet! Much more like a candy bar than what I think of as a snack bar.
  • Coconut Bliss is a bit out of my ice cream budget, but I might break down if I see some of those awesome new flavors in store.

But there are so many more new products to choose from (non-dairy Greek-style yogurt, new vegan pizzas, even dairy-free mozzarella sticks!), see those links above on Go Dairy Free and enjoy!

What new products have you tried and liked lately? What new products are you excited to try? Did any in the articles above catch you eye?

Filed Under: What's Leftover

1. I’m pretty sure I will try the Silk Coconut Milk since I’ve seen it in the stores. I go back and forth with what’s on sale. I’m pretty frugal (as you say) so I don’t typically buy this kind of stuff anyway. I love that there are these things available though if I ever get the need for a treat!

They actually have a $2.00 off coupon (for sign up) on the new Silk PureCoconut website! Definitely recommend popping over there.

I confess that we are really frugal with milk alternatives, either getting them for free in trade or at the maximum, $2 for a half gallon. We don’t use a lot of milk alternative anymore, but it comes in handy sometimes!

2. Evan Thomas says:

Yum! I’m excited to see the ingredients for most of these soy-free, dairy-free produces. I love coconut and I love that more companies are using it now.

3. Danielle says:

I’m particularly excited about the soy-free cream cheese from Wayfare Foods and the Vegan Queso by Food For Lovers.

It is so awesome how many soy-free products are emerging! I’m curious on Wayfare’s new product too. I will have to try that one out since I frequently get people asking for a dairy-free, soy-free cream cheese … but their products may be out of my everyday budget.

there were a lot of things on those lists that I wanted to check out – I remember the gluten free soft pretzels. I haven’t seen them anywhere though.

A lot of the products haven’t rolled out to all the stores yet. Sorry, I’m egging all of you on with a few of them, but they’ll show up!

Well I’m dying for a taste of the coconut nog, greek yogurt, and tofutti ricotta, myself!

6. I’m definitely happy to have tried those Justin’s nut butter cups … they are truly divine as you just shared. 🙂 I like the addition of so many soy-free, dairy-free options and will be waiting to hear reviews on a few other products to make dairy-free living a tad easier.

Thanks, Alisa!

I read all of those updates and, Alisa, they all buy killed me. So much envy that I think I turned green and spontaneously combusted.

Oh I really want those Justin’s Dark Chocolate PB cups…I think that might be my mission today. To hunt them down. And eat them.

9. Thanks for these product mentions, I love earth balance products and curious to try their coconut spread.

10. Alta says:

If you try the Earth Balance Coconut Spread, let me know! I’d be curious to see if it’s more “whole foods” like than the others.

11. Thank you so much for putting together this awesome list! I am very excited about the Earth Balance goodies, and I cannot wait to try that Gardein burger!! Awesome news! You rock, lady! 😀

Have you tried Justin’s hazelnut chocolate spread? I’m not supposed to be eating a lot of chocolate, but that thing is like crack!

You know, I just realized I have several single serving packets of the chocolate hazelnut butter (won them in a blog gift bag) and haven’t even tried them yet! Wow, am I weird or what? Now I’m worried that I may be addicted once I try them though!