I’ve Been Quoted! Does This Make Me Famous?

Posted by on February 13, 2011 | 16 Comments

Okay, I’ve been quoted  a few times … if you have a vegan, gluten-free, or dairy-free cookbook in your possession, check the back or inside cover … there is a decent possiblity that my name will appear. I’m well known in the publishing community for my ability to rapid-fire quotes as deadlines are approaching.

But, this is the first time I have every unknowingly been quoted, and alongside quotes from Martin Luther King Jr., Albert Einstein, and Rita Rudner. Yeah, we famous folk are an eclectic group. And we seem to have a great sense of humor …

Sorry, I couldn’t fit the full-sized version on my computer; I know it is hard to read. The original is here on Lola Lollipop, and much easier to read. Isn’t her stuff too cute! I think this is a fun medium for sending your message. All Lola Lollipop cartoons have a vegan / vegetarian slant, just so you know. But even if you aren’t vegan, I thought they were quite fun, and wanted to share.

Filed Under: What's Leftover

1. THIS IS AWESOME!!!

I have to save this cartoon to my computer and use it!!! Love your quote! Way to go!!

I didn’t think you could get cooler. I stand corrected.

3. Pearl says:

perhaps if ninja cats trained cows in how to claw people…?

4. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Alisa Fleming, Alisa Fleming. Alisa Fleming said: I’ve Been Quoted! Does This Make Me Famous? http://bit.ly/iarFWx […]

5. I think this is terrific, Alisa! 🙂

6. This is so awesome! Congratulations! 🙂

7. Awesome!! 🙂

I’ve always said the same thing about milk, not b/c I’m allergic, just b/c I have never liked it – it skeeves me out. It does seem unnatural to drink a cow’s milk. I’d never drink some random woman’s breast milk!

8. Stefanie says:

Thanks for sharing. 🙂

You *are* famous! I read about your interview with Stephanie O’Dea, too!

May I say I knew you when? 🙂

10. That is awesome. I’m so proud to know you!

11. Kara says:

That is amazing!! You haven’t just been quoted — you’ve been cartoon-quoted which is even cooler!!

12. I LOVE this! I have said the same before too. I also love when people make fun of me drinking almond milk saying that they didn’t know almonds had teets…really!