Thank you all so much for your book recommendations! I will update on what I do buy soon …
Okay, so this week I had a guest post over at Zesty Cook; to beat the dog days of summer, I whipped up a big pitcher of Watermelon Lemonade! I seem to be in a bit of a watermelon frenzy, since it is on for such a great price, and since it is so darn refreshing. Is it hot where you live? It is REALLY hot here in the SouthWest.
I must share the recipe with you here, but first, I know what some of you must be thinking. First, I entice you with this Strawberry-Watermelon Smoothie, and now this cool sweet-tart concoction, but what in the world is my small household going to do with an entire watermelon? Assuming you purchased a watermelon that contains way more of the juicy stuff than your family can stomach in a few short days (I mean really, at prices like $.19 a pound, who can resist going for the biggest one!), I have a solution …
Even wimpy blenders will puree watermelon with no added liquids and a little coaxing. So puree the rest of that bright red flesh, pour it into an ice cube tray, and freeze. You can pop one of these out when you need a simple refreshing treat, to make smoothies, or to simply pop in your beverage for some delicious watermelon flavor.
Now, that you know how to use up that leftover watermelon, chill out with a big glass of this …
Sweet-Tart Watermelon Lemonade
Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen
This recipe is naturally Vegan, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, and Fat-Free. It is also free from Refined Sugars.
- 6 Ounces Watermelon Flesh (yields 3/4 cup once pureed; about 1 cup of melon balls), Seedless or Seeds Removed
- 1/4 cup Fresh-Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Agave Nectar*
- 3/4 Cup Cold Water
Place the watermelon, lemon juice, agave, and water in your blender and puree until liquefied and smooth. Fill two large glasses with ice to serve. Garnish with lemon wedges or slices if desired.
Blog Events: This recipe has been submitted to Fight Back Fridays.
5 Good Things Since My Last Post
- I received tons of awesome book recommendations from all of you! My wish list is growing.
- At least a few of the clothing items I ordered fit … okay, not most, but at least a few! I think I am destined to live in fitness wear.
- Mmmm, I just devoured two yummy Orange-Oat Muffins from Ricky’s book Sweet Freedom. More on that to come.
- I balanced all of our books, did the quarterly reports, etc, etc, etc … whew major two day project!
- Blue skies and bright sunshine every day this week. How can I complain about that?