Before jumping into my question, I wanted to let you all know that Hannah of My Sweet Vegan and Bittersweet, has a new mini eCookbook out, and wow! It is called À La Mode, and it is a collection of the most creative and cravable (word?) frozen desserts I have ever laid eyes upon. The ones I am already drooling over are the Buttered Popcorn Ice Cream and the Oatmeal Raisin Ice Cream, but you can see the full recipe list and details here on her blog. The recipes are all vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), and they all have gluten-free and soy-free options too – and the ecookbook is just $5! Go check it out, and then come back to give me your opinion on this …
I Need Some Good Reads. What Books Do You Recommend?
We will be vacationing for a couple of weeks this summer at our cabin. It is on a lake, no electricity. Yep, I am going computer free, can you believe it? Anyway, I seem to fill my time up with cookbook flipping, but it has been ages since I have actually read a good book. Needless to say, I am at a loss for book ideas, and could really use your help!
I am still in a foodie and health mood; I am not much for novels (though I really enjoyed the foodie novel, The Last Chinese Chef, figures). In general, I just love learning. I mean, is Michael Pollan where it’s at, or are there some other excellent reads out there? Is there a good foodie novel I may be missing?What do you think?
5 Good Things Since My Last Post
- One of my recipe photos was picked as Photo of the Day on Recipezaar! So honored. It was the second photo (with the flowers) in this recipe for Whole-Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Banana Muffins.
- We got free tickets to the Regeneration Tour! It was very cool, in the pool area of the new M Casino. Who doesn’t love a good eighties flashback night.
- My husband gave my dried-out feet a nice oil massage. I am so spoiled.
- I met the highly energetic Brent at Sun Warrior. He was kind enough to share samples so that I can experiment with some protein-packed recipes.
- I finally had time to order some new clothes (the wardrobe is looking shabby). I am petite, so I have to do most of my shopping online … I hope at least some of it fits! As long as I am asking questions, does anyone have any good petite brand recommendations?
Filed Under: Tips, Ideas, and Deals