From Tender Squash Rolls to Perfect Potato Bread

Posted by on May 17, 2009 | 9 Comments

Sarena of the Non-Dairy Queen is one of my favorite dairy-free divas. So I was completely honored when she used one of my recipes to create her family’s favorite new everyday bread. My original recipe is called Tender Squash Dinner Rolls, and it can be found in Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook. I love serving these buttery soft and lightly sweet rolls (just like they are from the bakery!) at family get togethers; they literally disappear …

Tender Squash Dinner Rolls from Go Dairy Free

For more of a savory product, Sarena replaced the squash with potato, and reduced the fat and sweetener a bit to create this delicious dairy-free and vegan Potato Roll Recipe that her family enjoyed with veggie burgers …

sarena's potato rolls

Unable to stop there, she tweaked it just a bit more, and made a Potato Bread Recipe that was equally successful. I will definitely be trialing these recipes out, and I hope that you get the chance to enjoy them too. Thanks Sarena!

1. Andrea says:

Those rolls look gorgeous. Potato bread has always been a favorite of mine. (I’ve even used Barbara’s instant mashed potatoes when I didn’t have time to cook and mash real ones!) Potato bread makes a great base for making raisin bread, too. I like to make it with white whole wheat flour.

Yum, I love potato bread! Squash bread sounds delightful, too! 🙂

They both look spectacular. Adding squash is such a great idea!

4. Shellyfish says:

Ok, I think both versions sound fantastical!

5. Alison says:

I’ve always like potato bread. But squash bread sounds really good. I bet it adds a great flavor.

6. Sarena says:

Seriously, I have another loaf rising now and I am playing with another batch. So, yeah, that makes two batches rising right now! I will let you know how the next one goes. I love this stuff!

7. Diann says:

Squash rolls are such a beautiful color. Both of these look just wonderful!

8. That veggie burger looks so delicious! The bread looks so soft!

9. Lexie says:

These look so soft, chewy, and delicious!!! Yummmm!