So, I have been baking …

Posted by on February 6, 2008 | 9 Comments

Several years ago, when I returned to a dairy-free diet, I discovered how many baked goods had milk in some form lingering within them.  Even that innocuous looking French bread often had whey on the ingredient statement.  So, I took up baking.  It turned out to be an excellent cost-saving endeavor as well … shopping in bulk foods to stock up on pantry items rather than buying pre-packaged.

Anyway, my baking prowess has turned me into a bit of a test kitchen for baked goodies as well.  Rather than writing diligently on my blog and website as I should have been, for the past couple of weeks I have been churning out …

Pomegranate Ginger Cupcakes from My Sweet Vegan (heaven!)

ffpomcupcakes.jpg

Pumpkin Pie Muffins (virtuosity meets indulgence)

ffpumpkinpiemuffins.jpg

Banana Crumb Coffee Cake (my husband raved that this was Starbucks worthy)

ffbananacrunchcake.jpg

Pizza (and lots of it!) …. this one with White Sauce

ffpizzaworthywhitesauce.jpg

Nut Case Cookies from My Sweet Vegan (a new personal favorite from this cookie monster)

msvnutcase.jpg

Maple Spice Pumpkin Cookies (can we say yum!)

ffpumpkincookies.jpg

Butterscotch Blondies from My Sweet Vegan (oooh, fudgy)

ffblondies.jpg

Namaste Gluten-Free Bread (from a mix and amazingly impressive)

ffnamastebread.jpg

Of course, with all of this baking and amateur photography, I couldn’t help but start up a flickr account ~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/21365075@N04/ ~ a long shot from professional, but fun nonetheless!

Filed Under: Cookbook Trials

1. Ok, I just have to say it… YUMMMMMM!!!

I am going to have to try several of those recipes! I am always looking for good dairy free recipes and the pictures look really tasty! 🙂 It’s also nice to know that someone has actually tried these recipes and liked them! Thanks for being the guinea pig so I know that it’ll be good! LOL!

I’ll be back! I’ve put you on my dairy free blog roll… hope that’s good for you! 🙂

2. Astra Libris says:

Ohhhh, these look gorgeous! Such beautiful, yummy photos!

3. Kiley says:

Looks delicious – is that a basil, onion, mushroom and olive pizza? Wow, I’ve never had that combination before.

That’s quite an impressive line-up of baked goods, and everything looks incredibly delicious too. 🙂

5. Jackie says:

They all look wonderful, especially the Pomegranate Ginger Cupcakes which are divine. You really have been busy 🙂

6. Yum! Those all look really delicious.

7. Wow, you sure have baked a lot since I last checked your blog! The blondies sound especially delicious to me, even though they may look unassuming– I am a huge fan of butterscotch. But the coffee cake looks superb as well!

Thank you for all of the wonderful comments, good encouragement to keep baking!

Kiley ~ it is sauteed onions (keeps the pizza from ending up “wet”), olives, mushrooms, and spinach. I am a succer for the green stuff. I actually went with oregano, as it just does something for me on pizza, but basil would be equally excellent.

The white sauce is merely a roux using earth balance for a nice rich flavor, and thinning with rice milk, a bit of garlic (of course) and a few other spices, but it came out very nice and thick.

9. Sophie says:

Maple Spice Pumpkin Cookies sound delicious!